About Me

My photo
I like to scribble...both with markers, and, now, with words

Followers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Big Chip

So I mentioned in my last post that my family was going up to Lake Chippewa for vacation. This is no small deal. My mom's side of the family (she has 5 siblings), plus 3 groups of my grandparents neighbors (one couple who has 8 grown kids alone!) have all been and kids) people either stay in town at the hotel or do what we do and split a cabin with another family so we each are there for half of the week. It is definitely not summer unless the journey to Brandon, MN is made (population: ~450), and I can't wait until I have kids of my own to bring up there-and hopefully they will love it as much as I do!

Unfortunately this year, it was COLD. We were in sweatshirts and jeans all night and all day and it did not make for a very good time. This is, however, the first time in 17 years that it has been so cold and been a total wash, but we made do anyway...

Our cabin

The mansion on the lake that we go to see every year and wish was our cabin...

Asking Auntie Sharon to be a bridesmaid...check out the look on her face ;)

How to keep busy on a cold afternoon:
-Pizza: check
-Smirnoff Ice: check
-Margarita: check
-Apples to Apples: check
As I hardly ever drink, the combination of the two beverages above about knocked me out for the day...

Hi dad!

The epitome of our vacation: huddling during a freezing boat ride!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design